1. Go to https://www.google.com/business/
2. Click on "Create an Account," or log in using your Google username and password.
Create a Google My Business (GMB) Account
3. Enter all of the necessary contact information.
List Your Business In GMB
4. Click on “List your Business”
Check Your GMB Listing
5. Enter your phone number so that Google can determine whether or not you already exist in their database.
Edit or Add your GMB Listing
6. If your company comes up, click “Edit.” If it doesn’t, click “Add New Listing.”
7. Fill in all of the necessary information:
- Update your company name to read [Your Full Company Name].
- Add your website address – This will create an important inbound link.
- Upload PHOTOS – AS MANY AS POSSIBLE – Use personal photos: pictures of yourself (the owner), your staff, the office, your trucks and equipment, your company logo, coupons, and your work. People connect and resonate with people - leverage that in your Map listing.
- Upload a video if you have one (If you don’t, get one made!).
- List your hours of operation and services offered.
8. You will be asked how you want to confirm your listing – via phone or postcard.
Confirm Your GMB Listing
- ALWAYS CHOOSE PHONE. It is much faster and will ensure that you complete the process.
- The postcard option takes 2-3 weeks.
9. You will receive a call from Google’s automated system immediately. The automated system will provide you with a 5-digit code.
- Make sure you or a staff member is available to answer the office line provided in your map listing.
10. Enter that code on the next screen and press “GO” in order to activate your listing.
Enter Your PIN
You will see a confirmation page indicating that you have successfully activated your listing.
GMB Confirmation Page
That’s it! You have completed the ten steps to claiming and setting up your Google Map listing on Google My Business.
Here is what your Google My Business account admin area will look like once you are finished:
GMB Admin Page
Here you will be able to edit your listing, add coupons and check your Google Places page stats.
- How many people are pulling up your Google Places page?
- What are they searching to get to you?
- How many of them are clicking to your site?
Here is what your Google Map listing will look on Google once you are finished:
Your Google Map Listing
- Look for the “Business Owner Verified” check box in the top-right corner.
- GET REVIEWS – Getting reviews has been proven to increase placement in the map listing.