There is a lot of BUZZ around social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, YouTube, etc.), but how can it be leveraged by a HVAC contractor? How can you actually use social media to grow your cooling and heating business?
It all starts with understanding that social media is the new word-of-mouth. The best way to use social media is to enhance the engagement/loyalty of your existing customers, and by extension of that and social media platforms, you will grow your repeat and word-of-mouth business.
Setup social media profiles on the major social sites for your company:
- Google Plus
Send an email blast to your existing email list (if you have one) letting them know that you want to connect with them on social media and that you now have social profiles. Offer them some incentive to "Like," "Follow," and/or "Subscribe" to your company's pages.
- Discount off next purchase.
- Discount for their friends and family.
- Something of value for FREE.
- Add social media to your day-to-day business practices and systematically invite your customers to engage with you online.
- Add links to your business cards, brochures, marketing materials, website and email signature.
- Be sure to invite all of your customers to engage after service via follow-up email or as an insert on your invoice.
- POST VALUABLE CONTENT – This may be the most important component of your social media strategy. If you have thousands of fans and followers but don’t add anything of value, you will have accomplished nothing. You need to post relevant updates, tips, ideas, techniques, news and special promotions on a daily basis. Try to keep 90-percent of your posts informational and 10-percent (or less) promotional.
- Engage with your customers – You need to stay on top of your social media profiles and engage with your fans/followers if/when they post on your profile or reply to your posts.